Saturday 14 June 2014

2014 Catch Up - Sewing

There have been several sewing project this year already.....

Dino themed cushion and drawstring bag for a 4 yr old friend of mine who loves nothing better than to play dinosaurs and go raaaaaaaagh!!!



Miss M had a bedroom makeover and we had great fun choosing fabrics for me to make into curtains and cushions...the turquoise polka dot is the main fabric and looks lovely and fresh in her room.


I have also got my sewing supplies into some sort of order, just look at those lovely threads and ribbons and two new pin cushions, one for my wrist and one for my machine....both are very handy and much used already.



A red polka dot top and belt for me, a yellow ditsy print vest top for me and gathered skirt for Miss E and a grey patterned pleat top for me.  

Then I found this lovely bow print dress in the charity shop although it didn't look much like this when I bought it but with a bit of the left over polka dot fabric it's had a lovely make over.  The navy floral top was also a charity shop find but it was a long unflattering smoke like dress until I got my scissors out and chopped it into a top for me and refashioned the chopped off part into a top for Miss E...must try not to wear them at the same time...far too twee!

I really should take before as well as the after photos!


This fleecy rug was a birthday gift for my sis...Sarah's cosy cup of tea rug...more of that red polka dot fabric coming into play here for my appliquéd teacups.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...