Thursday 11 April 2013

Hey good looking...what's cooking?

Inspired by watching the silver fox of bread baking on TV...


...I have been biscotti baking...now we have been baking our own bread by hand for a few years now but I've never made biscotti before and now it's official...they are my new favourite.


These scrummy yummy ones are almond, white chocolate and cranberry flavour.  Now this isn't one of the three flavours Paul Holywood demonstrated on his programme but I didn't quite have all the same ingredients he used in my store cupboard so I played about with what I had and mighty pleased I am too with the results.

 

So I'll share my version of Almond, White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti

170g plain flour
half teaspoon baking powder
170g caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, beaten
50g chocolate chips
140g roughly chopped almonds
85g cranberries

1. Add eggs to the flour, sugar and baking powder to make a dough.
2. Add in and combine into he dough the almonds, chocolate and cranberries.
3. Knead the dough very gently and then shape it into a long log shape.
4. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in at 160C for about 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly then cut into 1-2cm thick slices.
6. Place slices back on the baking tray, return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 mins, turn over and then bake for another 10-15 mins until they smell so delicious,  they look a delicious golden brown colour and quite frankly you just can't wait a moment longer to taste how delicious they are!!

Safety notice:  It will be tough to wait but do let them cool a bit at least before trying as the cranberries could burn your little tongue...not that I'm talking form experience or anything like that!

While the biscotti was baking, this little busy bee got on with making some bread rolls.  Six with pumpkin seeds on top and six knotted ones sprinkled with poppy seeds.

 


Pass the butter please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...