Sunday 13 May 2012

I love teal

Remember that tray of felt cut outs I shared a couple of days ago? http://lisamonis.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/swift-scissors.html
Well last night was sewing night and today I have a tray of spring and summer flowers in lovely baby pink, luscious bright pink and a very very delicious teal...which is now officially my new favourite colour.

I had originally only made one teal flower in each of the styles but on completion I rapidly went back to my templates and cut out another one of each. 

I am planning on adding apple green leaves to the small and large rose shape flowers.   Some of these will then become hair clips, I've not decided whether to use kirby grips or barrettes yet...that's tonight's job.


I'm going to try for the first time to attached some to elastic hairbands.  I tend to use these more with Miss M and Miss E than I do hairclips at the moment so I'm going to give it a go and then how they sell.
I know from past experience that pink (especially bright pink) sells really well but I'm sure this lovely teal colour will give pink a run for its money.  

This is my original design which I've always included in my collections.
Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge has been rocking (are you allowed to say that about a royal?!) teal recently looking stunning in this dark teal suit... (Daily Mail)

and beautifully elegant this week at an Olympics Celebration do in light teal so I'm feeling very current and bang on trend! (Daily Mail)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...