Thursday 29 March 2012

The Help

OK I know I'm probably the last person in the world to read The Help by Kathryn Stockett....I'm so last year.... but I've done it now and I'm very pleased I did as I really enjoyed it.  The only real disappointment was that I wanted to carry on following the lives of Aibileen, Minny and Skeeter after the book had ended.  In some ways Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960s seems so far away and although I can't say that from just reading the book that I know how Aibileen, Minny and the other Help felt, I certainly got a sense of the tension form this book. I'd now like to see the film but I'm slightly worried as I have such strong images in my head of the characters and the houses that the film might not match this.
http://www.alexacall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...