Thursday 7 July 2011

Currently....

I am listening to the Tour de France coverage, I love it all but it gets really exciting once they hit the mountains.
I am eating mushrooms sautéed in garlic and butter, naughty but nice, sweetcorn, fresh pasta and a green salad from the garden.  I love mushrooms but I'm the only one in our house who does, so tonight the girls are in bed, Andy is out a conference in Bath until late and this week's veg box included some really big, flat mushrooms with my name on them....yummy!
I am drinking a glass of diet coke
I am wearing jeans, a pale dusty pink smock top, a beautiful necklace given to me as a gift from a very lovely friend last week, my white Birkenstocks.  I have been wearing a newish pair of light tan wedges for most of the day but I'm kicking back now and I love my birkies.
I am feeling the best I've felt for 4 days as my wisdom tooth has been absolute agony.  I'm on the antibiotics (hence the diet coke rather than a lovely glass of red) and pain killers still but I think things are at last beginning to improve....I really hope so.
I am reading The Little Prince.  I saw it in Pen and Paper in Old Town the other day, I have the original version in French but don't think I've ever read the translation and my French is certainly far too rusty for me to read the French copy now.
In my garden the new turf is doing really well, we have salad leaves galore, a steady crop of courgettes, spinach and radishes, pods beginning top appear on the peas, potatoes which really look ready for harvesting and yesterday we had our first raspberry of the season.
Around the house is where my hoover needs to go!
I am enjoying a rare moment of piece and quiet
I am creating fabric flowers, felt flower hair accessories and corsages for the school summer fete on Saturday.
Outside my window the gazebo in the garden in still in tact after Andy's repair job last night following a battering from the wind.
I am thinking of our summer holidays...can't wait!
I am loving this image...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...