Wednesday 6 July 2011

Blooming marvellous

I am having a stall at the school's Summer Fete this weekend and have been busy designing and creating my LisaMonis Summer 2011 range of felt flower hair clips and corsages which I'll share more on later.  As these items are all quite small I felt I needed something to give me stall some height so to keep with the flower theme, over the weekend I created these....




















....they don't look much yet I know but then I did this....





















...I moved outside for the hand cutting out part as the weather was glorious before moving back to our sunny breakfast room to the sewing machine...





















...for a bit of this...





















....this is the view I have while I'm zipping away with the machine...







































....then I attached the fabric to sticks and they become this....




















...I think they look beautiful like this but it wasn't quite what I was aiming for but with a bit more tweaking a glorious bouquet of blooms was created.







































I can't decide which one I like the best...the blue polka dots....the pink polka dots or maybe the blue fabric with the teeny tiny rose print....I just love them all!





































I'm really pleased with these beautiful everlasting fabric flowers.  The stunning fabric was from the wonderful Fabric Rehab www.fabricrehab.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...